[TYPO3-doc] Next team meeting: Thursday, August 23, 21:00 CET

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Aug 28 19:38:41 CEST 2012

Hi Steffen Gebert,

Steffen Gebert wrote:

> What about shipping PDFs? You could render them out of the ReST
> markup... and people would enjoy having PDFs instead of SXWs.

Adding more binary files will pollute the git even more. They will be in the
history and every new clone of TYPO3 will have to download all version. The
binary diff works, but is not very effective if a lot changes between
versions and of course doesn't help while adding new files.

I would carefully consider adding new files.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!