[TYPO3-doc] Updated Document model

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Aug 21 22:18:24 CEST 2012

Hi Fabien,

> FYI, I have updated the Document Model while properly working on the implementation of the
> rendering. For the time being, (some) changes are on a pending Git branch.

Great!

> * Added the property "status". We (with Martin) faced the need for such a property enabling to store
> status from the rendering. I went for a string field which enables human comprehensive message vs
> numeric values which are hard to guess without referring to a guide.

Sounds good.

> * Added the property "origin". I am not totally happy with the name, I must say. I have other
> suggestion such as "source" or "subtype". I would need to track the info where the package comes
> from:  ter, git, svn because documents are going to be handled differently. We could also exploit
> more the field "type" to make the distinguish but I am not convinced. Would you have an opinion?

It's not clear enough to me what you want to track (and I guess that
explains partly the diverging opinions on naming). Is it just the type
of source (as you mention "ter", "git" or "svn") or would it be URIs to
these resources (i.e. URL of SVN or Git repository, URL of TER archive)?
If the latter, then "source" is a good choice IMO. If the former, I
would quite go with "sourceType" too.

> * Classes/Domain/Model/Uri.php extending \TYPO3\FLOW3\Http\Uri
> * Classes/Domain/Model/Locale.php extending \TYPO3\FLOW3\I18n\Locale

Just to understand, was it necessary to create the two models? Can't the
base classes be used directly? Do you expect us to have specials and
thus have to extend the original classes anyway?

> * Classes/Domain/Repository/UriRepository.php enabling to query the URI repository.

Do we need the repository because the URIs are handled as objects? But
then why not a locale repository? I guess my FLOW3 notions are not yet
stellar ;-)