[TYPO3-doc] Restoring the official manual example

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Aug 2 15:57:22 CEST 2012

Hi Martin,

Martin Bless wrote:

>>You should have done a "git commit -a --amend".
>
> Yes, I did that, but the commit message wasn't "good" it seems. I
> tried to use just the minimum:
>
> $ git commit --amend -a \
> -m " Change-Id: Ief3992f7f1d3db6dc3ebf1a2d32323f0b99d4e3f "

I can only recommend you to spend some time with the git book:
http://git-scm.com/book/de

Note: -m modifies the entire commit message. You changed the subject (the
first line) to the change id line. Then the hook generated a new change ID,
because it did not find the change id in the message body.
You should read commit messages like emails (actually they are supposed to
be emails ;) ). The first line is the subject, followed by a blank line and
then the message body.

Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!