[TYPO3-doc] Restoring the official manual example

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Aug 1 13:30:36 CEST 2012

Hi,

> I worked on restoring the official manual example, adapted to
> ReStructured Text. This is meant - as before - to be the basis for new
> official manuals. I have pushed a first version to Gerrit:

I just pushed patchset #4 and #5 to https://review.typo3.org/#/c/13084/

The main changes are - as discussed elsewhere in the thread:

- the removal of the underline role. IMO we should really stick to
emphasis and strong emphasis. Underline is not an appropriate style to
carry over to HTML rendering. For the other media, we are still free to
interpret various levels of emphasis as underline.
- I have changed the use of "image" to the use of "figure". There have
been side-effects though. The image now appears on top of the "Chapter1"
page rather than at the bottom and the reference still appears at the
bottom (the caption appears fine, after the correction applied in
patchset #5). What did I do wrong?