[TYPO3-doc] Domain model for documentation

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Aug 1 12:59:52 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I pushed a new version of the domain model to
https://github.com/typo3/TYPO3.Docs

Here are the changes, all as discussed in this thread:

- the "Documentation" model has become "Document". All references,
methods, properties, etc., related to that across all models have been
renamed accordingly.
- a "type" field was added to the "Document" model. This would be an
arbitrary string defining the type of document, e.g. a "manual".
- for the "version" field of the "Document" model, I didn't apply any
specific validation (except for NotEmpty) as it seems a bit hairy to
properly test if a given string is compatible with version_compare()
(which accepts pretty much anything, although results might be
unpredictable). I just added a note in the property declaration, that it
should adhere to version_compare() standards.
- for the "language" field, I followed Robert's hint and actually found
that there was a locale validator already in FLOW3. So I just used that.
I made the field longer, though, as the locale identifier can be quite long.
- added an "Author" model, which extends the Person model from
TYPO3.Party. Right now it's only used for having a "documents" property
allowing to have a reverse relation to documents. I didn't add things
like a "company" property, because it's not clear whether we will need
that for now. At least our manuals don't include such information.
Furthermore we must keep in mind that this database is meant to contain
information about what manuals are available, but not necessarily every
little detail about each manual.

Feedback welcome, as usual.