[TYPO3-doc] After the T3DD12: The plan for the URLs - please check!

Fabien Udriot fabien.udriot at ecodev.ch
Mon Apr 30 12:35:29 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Quote below pasted from another off-list email, but related to this thread.

> Most important next step, I think, is agreeing on the url structure.
> From the discussion in the documentation list it seems we agree on:
>
> docs.typo3.org/product/manual/
> docs.typo3.org/product/manual/nightly/
> docs.typo3.org/product/manual/de/
> docs.typo3.org/product/manual/1.0/
> docs.typo3.org/product/manual/de/1.0/

Ok

> Plus, for product=TYPO3 and the extensions:
> docs.typo3.org/typo3/extensions/felogin/

Ok

> Fabien:
> We had talked about using lowercase IN THE URL only. Your first draft of
> the users manual uses camelCase. Intentionally? Having Index.rst and
> Index.html wasn't appreciated by the server right away already. I would
> prefer sticking to lowercase URLs.

This would differ from the convention of Phoneix / F3 team which are using the upper case for their
files... I don't care much whether lowercase vs uppercase in the file name but would be great to
have common conventions applied across TYPO3 projects, IMO. Trends of F3 teams, is to put file name
in upper case...

.
├── Documentation
│   ├── Index.rst