[TYPO3-doc] Next team meeting: 19.04.2012 21:00 CET

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Apr 20 08:50:58 CEST 2012

Hi Olivier,

> i am a little concerned about the subdomain-itis possible here.
>
> can you elaborate on how documentation will be available within
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/
>
> where as i understand the need for a new documentation pipeline, i would
> like to hear what is your vision and roadmap.

The original plan was to have all documentation on docs.typo3.org and
nothing left on typo3.org, except for links pointing to the new server.
Several people feel that this is a shame, so we will investigate the
possibility to integrate the "new" documentation in typo3.org. The FLOW3
team does this on flow3.typo3.org by using the doc rendered as JSON.
This is an interesting possibility.

 From a personal point of view, I don't find it shocking to have a
separate web site for documentation. I have already seen that in some
other open source projects. But I agree that we have seen subdomains
sprouting like mushrooms recently.

For the time being we're going to go ahead with posting the rendered
documentation to docs.typo3.org, because we now need to go through all
the steps in the rendering pipeline and see what works and what doesn't.
Once we have a pipeline that works fine for HTML rendering, we will look
at alternate formats and we'll see what we can do about typo3.org. I'm
sure we can manage something. OTOH - as you surely well know - all teams
in the TYPO3 community lack manpower...