[TYPO3-doc] ReST Migration: planning the next steps

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Thu Apr 19 17:50:33 CEST 2012

[Xavier Perseguers] wrote & schrieb:

>Side question: is it planned to use something like the PDF template I
>designed a few months ago

I would say: Yes, we should use that. But I can't say anything about
it as I have no experience with LaTeX yet and was busy with other
stuff. I assume that LaTeX will produce the nicest results.

> or do you already have something else in mind?

We did a quick check at the DevDays: It's rather easy to get Rst2pdf
installed - same on Linux as on Windows. It works with the Docutils
and brings an extension along to integrate it into Sphinx.

I haven't tried that but what I read in the Sphinx mailinglist it
should work. As it's easy to do and could help us for the time of
transition I think I'll have a look at it.

But the LaTeX way is the right way I assume.

>The default PDF output is OK but not TYPO3 branded at all.

Can you do something about that? Would be great!

>Cheers

exactly, cheers!

Martin