[TYPO3-doc] After the T3DD12: The plan for the URLs - please check!

Michael typo3ml at schams.net
Thu Apr 19 11:05:05 CEST 2012

On 19/04/12 17:43, Philipp Gampe wrote:

>>> The general scheme is:
>>> {server} {product} {manual name} {language} {version}
[...]
>> Is there any reason to have {product} uppercase? [...]
>
> It should be lowercase in the URL, but this page just show examples in
> domain names:
> http://typo3.org/the-brand/style-guide/the-typo3-spelling/

Well, I know these rules and this is exactly why I propose it should
read http://srv123.typo3.org/typo3/typoscript-reference/

According to the guidelines (quote): "TYPO3 should always be written in
uppercase when used as the product name. The only exception is for URLs."

Which I understand as: in URLs, the uppercase rule does *not* apply.

Although, the domain examples given on the "Correct Spelling of TYPO3"
page list an uppercase TYPO3 under "Don'ts"! So these are against the rules:

"TYPO3.domain"
"www.Typo3.domain"
"www.TYPO3.domain"
"WWW.TYPO3.DOMAIN"

I have to admit there are no rules for paths in URLs, so it is not
specified how you should spell /typo3/typoscript-reference/

> If FLOW3 is spelled uppercase, then TYPO3 should be uppercase too.

Has FLOW3 different guidelines when it comes to URLs? :-)

Cheers
Michael