[TYPO3-doc] Convert OpenOffice document into HTML with externalized image

Fabien Udriot fabien.udriot at ecodev.ch
Fri Apr 13 11:12:11 CEST 2012

Hi (Martin)

The workflow conversion Martin started from OpenOffice document to reST is documented at

http://git.typo3.org/Documentation/RestTools.git?a=blob;f=oo2rst/README.txt;h=8b25dc5fb1b2309d4cf2acd7fc37be1b729873ae;hb=HEAD

One of the first step is to convert the ODT / SXW file into HTML. The command is documented for
Windows as follows::

	soffice.exe  --headless  -convert-to html  example.ott

For convenience reason on Mac OS, you could possibly add an alias, for instance::

	alias soffice='/Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/MacOS/soffice'
	soffice  --headless  -convert-to html  example.odt

It works for me, however, the image are "encrypted" inline with hexadecimal code in one HTML file.
Is it a way (such as an additional option / configuration) to tell "soffice" to externalized the
image. I Googled a little bit without result.

Cheers,

Fabien