[TYPO3-doc] [reST migration] Getting rid of tables for displaying references

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sun Apr 1 22:30:19 CEST 2012

Hi Martin Bless,

Martin Bless wrote:

> [François Suter] wrote & schrieb:
>
>>Martin, I looked at the reST structure and I'm not familiar enough yet
>>to understand what it is. Is it just all directives? Can you use
>>arbitrary directives?
>
> Without those tables we have many choices. In principle we can just
> use "normal" text.
>
> As I said: I'm showing "just a quick hack". It was the quickest way I
> could show something. Of course we don't need to render into tables
> again.
>
> Cool we were both concentrating on the same issue at the same time!

I guess, we can fine tune styles later. As long as we can automatically
create an initial version which comes close to the desired result - I guess
we are good to go :)

I prefer to have own directives (are those :key or :datatype called
directives?) for each property which would allow transformation, if we ever
need it for one output format.

Just for the record: I prefer to use as much "standard stuff" as possible.
An I would like to have each property on an own page*.

This allows to create some comment system later and I think merging is
easier than splitting later.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!