[TYPO3-doc] Converting OpenOffice documents

Fabien Udriot fabien.udriot at ecodev.ch
Mon Sep 26 10:11:37 CEST 2011

>> I must say that I find myself more and more thinking about how to
>> convert OpenOffice Documents to ReST. I would like to go that track.
>> May I ask:
>>
>> Do we already have solutions from previous work that might help? I'm
>> thinking especially of any kind of code. Somebody mentioned XSLT?
>
> In the extension ter_doc is a XSLT (res/oomanual2docbook.xsl) which is used to convert xsw files to
> docbook 4.3
>
> In class.tx_terdoc_renderdocuments.php (function documentCache_transformManualToDocBook() ) you can
> find the recipe for this conversion.

Notice I have re-factored the extension some time ago to accept multiple format output.  This can be
configured by TypoScript.

With the refactoring of "ter_doc" [1] works in combination with "ter_xsl" [2]. A new XSLT stylesheet
can be issued to render reST documentation.

Let me know if you need more details to set up ter_doc.

Fabien

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-ter_doc
[2] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-ter_xsl