[TYPO3-doc] Tatata Ta: The TYPO3 Sphinx Theme

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Mon Oct 17 17:02:10 CEST 2011

Hi Sebastian,

>that already looks really good :-)

I'm feeling the same. And that can make us almost forget that its just
a  very  very  very  first draft  of how a transcript of the extension
authors template in ReST could look like. The visual factor is a
dominating one! It took a while to tune the theme but inserting the
manual was just a quick hack around midnight ;-)

I haven't really thought about the contents. I'm just presenting my
stuff to give some more ideas of what's possible to enhance
discussion.

>I just have a small suggestion: Instead of creating one *huge* HTML
>file, I'd rather split them at the chapter or 2nd level section markers.
>Do you think that makes sense? I think it can increase readability a lot.

Good point. I tend to say: "Yes, you're the master of your manual. And
if its long, separate it into smaller pages as you like.."

I would suggest to keep the manuscript pages in one folder though.
Then we could import all pages with a

   egovapi/*

like I did in the example. I would say proceed like Xavier did:

./myextension/index.rst
./myextension/chapter1.rst
./myextension/chapter2.rst
./myextension/images/...

Probably the names of the documents should sort alphabetically to make
our life easier. I haven't tested yet. It's not so important for html
- but for print?! Order matters!

greetings ...

Martin

--