[TYPO3-doc] reST and PDF

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Fri Oct 14 23:16:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

> I started a TYPO3 document class to convert reST to PDF. Here is the
> output so far:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3177102/egovapi_manual.pdf
>
> Features:
>
> - Limiting the TOC to 2 levels

- Two-column TOC

> - Using official font for section/subsection/subsubsection

- Using official font for header/footer

> - Automatically resizing pictures if wider than page
> - Two-side template with different headers and page number to the outside

- Using TYPO3 logo in footer, together with our mission statement on the
right page

As announced in my latest tweet, I'm at the limits of what seems doable
with a custom documentclass, to go further (fixing some margins for
blocks of code for instance), I should better "enhance" the LaTeX output
itself rather than hacking around with crazy TeX code to fix what we
don't want. But if I can avoid that and stay with a vanilla docutils,
I'd prefer.

Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!