[TYPO3-doc] Extension documentation

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Oct 13 21:33:18 CEST 2011

Hi Martin,

>> I started the (manual) rewrite of an extension documentation to reST, to
>> "feel it" and learn how to create tables, insert images, ...
>
> That's great and gives the feeling that people are willing to join.
> That's motivating!!!

It's a pleasure to have something really nice created out of a plain
text. I'm looking forward to testing and possibly enhancing LaTeX
templates for beautiful PDF output.

> Your manual looks beautiful already:
> http://mbless.de/4us/typo3-oo2rest/04-more-real-life-examples-in-ff8700-high-contrast-4/01-egovapi/manual.rst.html

I like it.

> Note that in many cases you can use the *simple table* notation which
> makes life a lot easier. I felt free to demonstrate this here:
>
> [...]

Thanks. Indeed I saw this shorthand syntax but by reading the reference
documentation it was not clear if it would be easier to handle and if it
would apply to my tables, but of course, this is definitely the
(correct) way of generating such tables.

Thanks.

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6