[TYPO3-doc] TYPO3 v4 Incubator Documentation

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Tue Oct 11 13:36:33 CEST 2011

Hi Olivier,

Am 11.10.2011 12:50, schrieb Olivier Dobberkau:
> Am 11.10.11 11:45, schrieb Ingmar Schlecht:
>
>> as you might now, we have a so called Incubator for TYPO3 v4 core
>> development related projects, which are meant to be integrated into a
>> future version of TYPO3 (currently the target version for most of them
>> is TYPO3 4.7). You can find those projects under
>> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-incubator
>
> great idea!
>
> We would like to have the webservices/REST Project to come it too.
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-typo3_webservices
> as it seems that many devs got inspired by the t3con11 talk we would
> like to continue and seek help by more core devs.
>
> we will post a call for help in the dev list soon!

Currently, the Incubator is only meant for projects which are modifying
the TYPO3 Core (which is why you get a branch on Incubator.git, which is
based on a clone of the TYPO3 Core Git master). So if we put it in
there, the aim should be to make it a sysext. The good thing about
developing it in an Incubator branch is that if the development requires
changes to the Core, they can be done right in there as well.

In general I would very much fancy making it a goal for TYPO3 4.7 to
integrate a REST API. However, I doubt the current "webservices"
extension is a good base for that. As far as I see, it's based on XmlRpc
rather then REST, and the code looks more like ZendFramework based then
TYPO3 style.

So, I would be in favour of creating an Incubator project for a REST
API, but, after a first glance, rather as a start from scratch (or from
some other basis) than something based on the webservices extension.

cheers
Ingmar