[TYPO3-doc] Please GIT me on track

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Nov 9 19:58:32 CET 2011

Hi Martin,

> $ git clone git://git.typo3.org/Documentation/RestTools.git
> Cloning into RestTools...
> warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.
>
> Q: What am I doing wrong?

My guess is that this happens because the repository is still empty.
What Xavier did is to make local commit and then push it to the remote
repository, but now it has entered the Gerrit review process. So you
seen Xavier's proposal here:

https://review.typo3.org/#change,6610

and not yet in the Git repo itself. If this sounds like Chinese, you may
want to get yourself up to speed by starting reading here:

http://wiki.typo3.org/Git_Gerrit

HTH