[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: creating an example

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed May 4 08:54:07 CEST 2011

Hi Sebastian,

I agree with this proposal. I also feel that we need to start doing
something concrete to get a feel for the stuff. A reality check, exactly
as you say.

> I'd propose that I will create an example in the following weeks,
> including the following:
>
> - (at least) two documents, referencing each other
> - each document should be available in (at least) 2 languages (so we can
> test the translation)
> - each document should be available in (at least) 2 versions (so we can
> test the crosslinking).
>
> For now, I would like to do it in the following way:
> - 1 git repository per manual, using branches, tags, ...
> - Translation using pootle
> - olinks for crosslinking

Sounds good.

> The reason why I want to make the above design decisions for building a
> prototype:
> - it's clearly the most complex setup, but also the most flexible one
> ->  to decide if the above setup has drawbacks, we need to build it and
> play with it.
> - one repository per FLOW3 Package is something we've made really good
> experiences with in the FLOW3 team; I'd like to see how this feels with
> documentation.

OK, I'll trust you on that, but I'll be indeed curious to see how it works.

If we go with individual repositories, is there a way to have a global
repo linking all small ones, so that one could get the whole thing in
one go?

> Do you think that's a good idea? When we have this prototype we can have
> a more solid discussion on our solution.

I confirm, yes. Go ahead!