[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: migrating existing manuals, the first step

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Jun 30 21:23:35 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Well, I don't know about the other manuals. I only played with the FLOW3
> manual so far. The stylesheets are the result of what I've found there.

The other manuals are in OpenOffice format for now. The goal is to take
OO's XML format and transforming it to DocBook 5 and come as close as
possible to our sample manual, so that all existing manuals can be
migrated to DocBook as smoothly as possible. This thread is not about
rendering DocBook to HTML and any other format. It's about converting
legacy docs.

> One of my stylesheets group the bridgeheads and create a reasonable sect1
> structure (or sect2, depending on the level):

Could you do it with sections too, as we decided to use these rather
sect1, sect2, etc.?

> Hope that makes it clearer. :) Oh, and by the way: Enjoy your holidays!

Yep, it's clear. And thanks: I certainly intend to ;-)