[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: customizing the schema

ben van 't ende ben.vantende at typo3.org
Mon Jun 20 21:38:47 CEST 2011

Hey Guys,

The work you are doing seems awesome. I do understand limiting the
amount of tags and a lot of other stuff. I tried XMLmind a couple of
times during the years, but never felt able to understand it properly.
What would I need as a simple editor to get going and can you in some
way provide the basics for less knowledgable editors to get started with
docbook for TYPO3? As I understood the documentation needs to be written
in docbook, probably using XMLmind, right?

I downloaded tsref as docbook and opened it with xmlmind. The images are
not rendered, but I think I reported that before. Can you provide a
proper package for me to try out, so I can get the idea. Another thing
we definitely need to tackle is the fact that every manual is called
manual ;-) Inside the zip file there is a folder manual and a manual.xml.

I am 100% sure that this will be awesome when we have it in place. It is
a bit like TYPO3 itself I guess. A steep learning curve, but once you
get it the possibilities are great.

gRTz

ben