[TYPO3-doc] Build Chain Status - Extbase Book translation

Thomas Schraitle tom_schr at web.de
Thu Jul 21 18:59:11 CEST 2011

Hi Fabien,

Thursday 21 July 2011

> > Hope, Fabien, this helps a bit. :)
>
> It does. Thanks a lot Thomas :)
>
> I will come back if needed.

Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention: You _do not_ have to manually edit all
the files! I've written some XSLT stylesheets that does this tedious job for
you.

Here is a small procedure:

1. Check out
https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Documentation/official_template/trunk/DocBook/xslt/misc

2. Transform your XML file with xsltproc:
  $ xsltproc  --output 8-fluid/10-template-creation-by-example_new.xml \
      /tmp/misc/remove-blocks-in-para.xsl  \
      8-fluid/10-template-creation-by-example.xml

3. Check the result with your preferred diff command.

The stylesheet in step 2 moves some block elements out of para. If you have,
for example this:

   <para><programlisting>

after the transformation you'll get just programlisting.

At the moment, I've only covered blocks in para and bridgeheads. They were the
big issues in the FLOW3 manual. :) As there are no bridgeheads in your XML
files, you don't need that stylesheet.

Have fun,
  Tom