[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: sample reference file

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Feb 22 08:42:38 CET 2011

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your further explanations

> That's true, only "int" is printed. However, if you want
> "typoscript.datatype.type.int" instead of "int" why didn't you write it in the
> <refname>  tag if this is important? Wouldn't be the first term more exact than
> the second?

It's the contrary :-)

I want to see "int" printed. But if I use the xref as you propose I get
"typoscript.datatype.type.int", which is not good for readers.

> Sure, this can be searched and replaced by whatever script you like. However,
> this could not also lead to false-positives. So why not solve this through
> what DocBook and XSLT already offer?
> If you use the correct definition in refname, the<xref/>  element resolve that
> name automatically. No need to touch any link, only *one* refname. :) If you
> don't like the way it's printed, it's even possible to customize the DB
> stylesheets.

Ha, I finally got what you mean (I think) :-)

On the refentry with the id "typoscript.datatype.type.int", I used the
xreflabel attribute and set it to "int". This way now the xrefs show "int".

Is that what you meant? This is indeed very good!