[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: first sample manual

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Feb 18 10:31:34 CET 2011

Hi again,

> As I don't have commit rights I take the liberty to comment here.:)   Sorry,
> my comments are in no particular order, but I hope they are useful for you:

As a follow-up to this, I already made some changes to the sample
manual. See the diff:

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-official_template/repository/revisions/579

(don't rush, it takes a bit of time for revisions to be rendered).

What I've done:

- change the first chapter into a preface
- added some real "remarks" :-)
- removed the info from the screenshot
- removed the "optional" mention from the admonitions titles
- added a title to the procedure example
- removed the prompt tag inside the "screen" example

I tried changing the links as Tom advised, but I'm a bit skeptical. I
understand that what you propose is less verbose, but then the link is
not really visible in the editor, because it's just a link tag with no
link text. Of course if you're in a simple text editor, you can see the
link, but in a tool like XMLEditor, it's very easy to miss the link.
What do you think?