[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: first sample manual

Daniel Bruessler danielb at typo3.org
Thu Feb 17 19:33:22 CET 2011

Hello Stefano,

> do agree that the only usable application (at least on OSX) to manage docbooks is XMLEditor ?
> (...) it's not so easy (at least for me ;) but if its the only tool, i'll get happier to learn it!

there are some other tools, but this is the best one and it's by free - and the texts look very good with it while you edit them! Especially the "Callouts" look best in Xmlmind that are the special
sections (callout = "A called out description of a marked Area").

Another one, what is much easier to use, but not by free is oXygen:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/

This is their DocBook-editor:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/docbook_editor.html

For non-commerical usage the price is 64 USD.

Greets!
Daniel

== DocTeam ==
Want to help? Just see what topics you're interested in and join us!
http://typo3.org/teams/documentation-team/
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/team-docteam