[TYPO3-doc] New templating tutorial

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 2 13:10:32 CET 2011

Hi,

On 2-2-2011 8:55, François Suter wrote:
>> automaketemplate isn't a sysext either, but it is used by the
>> Introduction Package (just like tt_news and realurl).
>
> That's true and I actually wonder whether a "true" templating tutorial
> should rather be without automaketemplate.

A few sites in the world don't use any templating at all (pure TS). A
very small percentage uses manually applied markers in a template. Most
of the sites use either automaketemplate or TemplaVoilà.

Templating seems to be a very basic need for making websites. The
extension manuals of both automaketemplate and TemplaVoilà contain very
little information about best practises for templating in either system.

A tutorial is very much needed by many people (especially beginners). It
would be great if MTB/FTB would be rewritten into a tutorial (multiple
parts if necessary) which covers the most frequently used ways to
integrate templates in a site. The template of the Introduction Package
is the perfect candidate for such a tutorial.
Beginners will probably be familiar with the way the result looks and
the template is a lot more modern when it comes to HTML structure than
the one currently used in MTB/FTB.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert