[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: creating an example

Daniel Bruessler danielb at typo3.org
Fri Apr 29 10:17:13 CEST 2011

Hi Sebastian,

> - (at least) two documents, referencing each other
> - each document should be available in (at least) 2 languages (so we can
> test the translation)
> - each document should be available in (at least) 2 versions (so we can
> test the crosslinking).
>
> For now, I would like to do it in the following way:
> - 1 git repository per manual, using branches, tags, ...
> - Translation using pootle
> - olinks for crosslinking
>
> Reason: I feel that I need a "reality check" of the ideas I proposed in
> the last days -- I just need to see how it feels "in real life". It
> seems at some points we all agree on some common ideas, at other points
> we disagree (one git repo vs multiple ones, olinks vs xlinks for
> official docs). And in my opinion it is really difficult to decide for
> one or another solution without seeing it in real life, and testing.
>
> The reason why I want to make the above design decisions for building a
> prototype:
> - it's clearly the most complex setup, but also the most flexible one
> -> to decide if the above setup has drawbacks, we need to build it and
> play with it.
> - one repository per FLOW3 Package is something we've made really good
> experiences with in the FLOW3 team; I'd like to see how this feels with
> documentation.
>
> Do you think that's a good idea? When we have this prototype we can have
> a more solid discussion on our solution.
>
> Greets,
> Sebastian
> PS: I hope I can start working on this next week, or the week after. So
> expect something from me in the next two weeks :-)

+1

that's indeed a very good thing. So we see if it's really not possible to use several git repositories instead of just one. I think the reason for "just one" is xlink.

For olist: So you use a xml catalog to put the two manuals in?
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ModularDoc.html#XIncludesCatalogs

Greets!
Daniel

== DocTeam ==
Want to help? Just see what topics you're interested in and join us!
http://typo3.org/teams/documentation-team/
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/team-docteam
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-documentation