[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: Miscellaneous

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Apr 28 22:39:20 CEST 2011

Hi,

> * Git Structure of the manuals
>   ** I'd propose that*each manual*  has its own Git Repository.
>
> Maybe I've misunderstood something, but I'm not sure if this is useful. To
> make it fly you need some important prerequisites:
>
> - No XML source can be shared between other books
> - Linking between books become difficult, even impossible

Let's try not to have the discussion split over several threads ;-)
although it's true that some topic are intimately related: linking/xref
mechanism, file structure, Git repository structure.

As I mentioned in another thread I would it would be a rather good idea
to keep the whole official documentation together to facilitate linking
by using xref.

I guess this entails having a single Git repository too. I'm personally
fine with that. I would trust people who have commit rights not to
commit on manuals they are not familiar with.