[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: Translation of DocBook documents

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Wed Apr 27 09:24:26 CEST 2011

Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:

> Initial Translation:
> A) copy (english) DocBook to another place (german) f.e.; start
> translating B) (english) DocBook --> po4a --> translation in Pootle -->
> po4a --> DocBook (german)
>
> Updates of Translation
> A) must be done by hand, really cumbersome... Changes need to be updated
> manually.
> B) basically like above, updating the source files in Pootle, and the
> system will recognize which parts need updating.
> We'd need to check out how po4a works in detail, but to me this sounds
> like a promising concept :-)
>
> Curious what you think... :-)

Definitely B if this is easily possible (from a technical point of view). I
seems to be the far better approach, because complexity of the manual (xml,
docbook) is hidden from translators. They can use their usual tools and we
can update in between without loosing sync, like it is currently.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe