[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: Miscellaneous

Thomas Schraitle tom_schr at web.de
Tue Apr 26 21:58:12 CEST 2011

Hi Sebastian,

Tuesday 26 April 2011

> I've been trying to structure the upcoming tasks a little, and my
> current notes can be found at:
>
> https://github.com/skurfuerst/docbook-build/blob/master/README
>
> So, they're completely open for comments, let me know what you think!

I have one comment. You've wrote:

 * Git Structure of the manuals
 ** I'd propose that *each manual* has its own Git Repository.

Maybe I've misunderstood something, but I'm not sure if this is useful. To
make it fly you need some important prerequisites:

- No XML source can be shared between other books
- Linking between books become difficult, even impossible

I'm not a Git expert so maybe there is some Git magic which makes it possible
to mix and match different repositories. However, I'm not aware of any.

Anyway, if you make this assumption, each book *has* to stand on its own. No
relation to other books anymore. Maybe there are some images that has to
appear in different books? Some code snippets, examples, screenshots, etc?

> I have to learn for an exam,

Good luck! :)

Tom