[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: id attributes naming scheme

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Fri Apr 15 16:28:37 CEST 2011

François Suter wrote:

> so we have the major version, the document category, the manual's key,
> and then we start we parts (if any), chapters and sections. Plus there
> are id attributes for pictures and procedures (one side question is
> whether we should have id's for tables and code listings too).

I think we should add id's for tables and code listings too. Otherwise we
need to add them each time we want to link to them later.

Just think of sending someone the link for a specific solution. The link
should be as "precise" as possible. Jumping to the listing directly is much
better than to the next section.

> However for references, I think it needs to be improved. Let's look at
> that id for example:
> http://typo3.org/typoscript/stdwrap
>
> To achieve this the id's need to be shortened by removing the part, so
> the id in this case would be
>
> typo3v4.core.typoscript.stdWrap
If we can assure that we never have the same keyword in different parts
(e.g. both function and object, IMHO we don't) then I am totally fine with
that.
It would also make lives easier for doc writers as they don't have to know
the differences of types of TS keywords ;)

I think you really though this out already, not much to say here except you
really did a great job.

Philipp Gampe