[TYPO3-doc] new doc_core_tsref table width

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Apr 12 08:48:20 CEST 2011

Hi,

> thnking you for the very big and useful work on new  doc_core_tsref
> i just wanted to ask: why did you make the general tables smaller (width
> at about 80%) than older versions?
>
> those tables are the core of the doc.. and now lot of strings get
> truncated into 2 lines because of the (unuseful, IMHO) smaller width

Well, it was a choice of design made at the time the new template was
created. I agree that it's a bit of a pain for large reference tables,
but now that the move to DocBook is on, we'll stick to this template for
now. With DocBook the format will change totally anyway. It will be less
compact, which may make it a bit harder to browse in a printed version,
but we aim to have a searchable, well-structured online version.