[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: first sample manual

Thomas Schraitle tom_schr at web.de
Sat Apr 2 18:44:13 CEST 2011

Hi,

for the sake of completeness:

Thursday 17 March 2011
> [...]
> > - Line 23 + 33: is the date updatable automatically – maybe upon
> > rendering? Would save some time ...
>
> Good question. I don't know. I would expect this to be possible upon
> rendering, which would also be the really correct date.

Indeed this is a matter of rendering. This can be done with a processing
instruction. In its simplest form, use <?dbtimestamp?>. It can hold a format
pseudo-attribute to customize the date. Find more information here:
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/pi/dbtimestamp.html

> [...]

Cheers,
  Tom