[TYPO3-doc] Small improvements to official documentation template

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Sep 20 20:49:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

> I hope I'm not critizising too much. It's about the first page: It's
> nice too see that it's TYPO3 and the logo is nice - but why that big and
> why in two lines? In the moment it looks like it's THE manual about
> TYPO3 with the subtitle "Core API". If you take "a real book" in your
> hands you always have the title and the subtitle below the title. The
> subtitle is usually an explanation of the title. In our case: "Core API"
> seems to be an explanation of the title "TYPO3".

That doesn't shock me. Truly all official manuals *are* about TYPO3. The
logo could be a bit smaller, but I really don't mind if it appears a bit
like a title. People are no fool and will notice that the real title is
not the logo IMO.

> To be consistent with the schema of all pages it would be nice if it
> would fit in one line: TYPO3_WITH_LOGO MANUAL_TITLE

I don't like that idea at all to be honest. A smaller logo could be a
possibility, but I really don't think it would look good all on one line.

Other opinions?