[TYPO3-doc] Small improvements to official documentation template

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Sep 9 15:53:52 CEST 2010

Hi folks,

I've got to tell you that I'm really glad I started this thread, because
we got into a very fruitful debate about the design of our manuals and I
feel like this has lead to some very serious improvements.

Here's the next version:

http://drp.ly/1GQodq

This one contains major changes which address most of the recent remarks:

- colors are gone for headings. I stuck to black, plus 60% gray for
heading 4 and 5
- the font for body text is replaced by a serif font. I went for the
very classical Times. I don't consider this to be the most elegant serif
font on the block. The choice is open for debate as far as I'm
concerned, but we've got to make sure that it's readily available on all
platforms and that it's a serious font (some fonts have limited support
for characters beyond alphabetical, numbers and a few punctuation signs)
- added a bit more indent to code samples and bullet lists, so that they
stand out a bit

As mentioned earlier I wanted to explore OpenOffice frames to check if
that could help manage call-out boxes more safely. It doesn't. Frames
are PITA so I decided to stick to the current paragraphs. Copying and
pasting works just fine :-)

So let's hear your thoughts again, hopefully for the last round of
comments (not that I'm complaining, this was extremely constructive).