[TYPO3-doc] Review of doc_core_skinning

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Sep 5 21:36:58 CEST 2010

Hi,

> As a call out box, I was hesitating between "Official documentation" and
> "Core Manual". I was incline towards "Core Manual" as it deals mainly
> with Core issues...

Actually you need both ;-)

The one about official documentation is generic and indicates that the
manual is part of the official documentation. Then there's a choice
between the 3 others, and indeed doc_core_skinning is a "Core" manual.

> What else should be changed regarding the styles? It comes across to me
> to be quite similar.

Yes they are. It's mostly the general structure and the possible use of
callout boxes in the text (BTW I was thinking of changing these a bit,
but I haven't had time yet).

> @françois: two more things:
>
> 1. In the screenshot guide lines, tt is missing what font colour should
> be used. I assume blue (#0066FF = rgb(0, 102, 255)), but it may be worth
> to mention it.
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-documentation/wiki/Screenshots

That's because we didn't consider the situation where we write something
directly on the screenshot. I think this does not look good in general.
Maybe this should be discussed separately. Could you start a new thread,
please?

> 2. in the official template, there is no table example. It could be a
> good idea to give one as example to illustrate the styles to be set.

Good point, although it will be the same as used currently.