[TYPO3-doc] Anyone looked at Sphinx?

Zachary Davis, Cast Iron Coding LLC zach at castironcoding.com
Fri Nov 12 15:36:10 CET 2010

I don't know if this is useful/pertinent or not... We recently started
using Sphinx (http://sphinx.pocoo.org/) for some in-house documentation
after noticing that the Symfony 2 project is using it for their docs
(http://docs.symfony-reloaded.org/?page=learn).

In a nutshell, it takes text files (using simple markup called
restructured text) as an input and generates table of contents, indexes,
doc pages, etc from them. It can render to multiple formats. The markup
is simple enough so that authors don't have to learn much, and the
output can all be styled/skinned. There is automatic code highlighting
included and support for various doc structures such as notes, tips, etc.

Anyhow, thought this might be interesting to someone on this list :)

best,
Zach