[TYPO3-doc] New Getting Started tutorial, let's go!

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon May 31 20:52:12 CEST 2010

Hi,

> We could work in the wiki, but I don't know how well Mediawiki content
> can be transformed into OpenOffice format. Maybe Susanne can tell, since
> you moved the "TS in 45 minutes" from wiki to OO. Another possibility
> may be to use Google Docs. It can export to OpenOffice and would even
> allow simultaneous work on the document, should the case happen. Opinions?

I made a quick test with Google Docs. It's not entirely satisfying, but
it could work out. The main issue is that it is based on HTML. Upon
exporting to OpenOffice, it creates styles called "Div", "Ul" or "Li".
The headings are fine. These extra styles could easily be replaced with
the search & replace function, so it's not really a show-stopper either.

I would quite like to have an answer. Once we have reached a decision,
we can start typing away a little bit at a time, whenever we have some
availability.