[TYPO3-doc] Name of the T3DD10-project?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri May 28 08:40:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

>> Wasn't the TSref always "online" (as a typo3.org documentation)...? You
>> > miss to describe what the project is about, assuming everybody knows
>> > what you are talking about.

Well, we're assuming "everybody knows" because the project has already
been discussed in this mailing list, but it's true that it might
surprise new or irregular readers. Fortunately, there's the wiki page ;-)

> Nonetheless the following is still valid:
>
>> >  My guess is that it is about making the TSref information available in a
>> >  machine parseable format which can then be the basis of the "new TSref"
>> >  on typo3.org, right? Later also use the information for other purposes
>> >  maybe (eclipse plugin? t3editor? ...)
>> >
>> >  So why not be more generic?

It's true that it's about more than just providing an easy TS reference
online. Indeed the goal is to share the same "TS database" to produce an
online TSref, the XML file for t3editor and - hopefully - at least part
of the printed TSref. So of course something like "TypoScript Central
Reference Database" would sound more like it, but I still prefer that
"Online TSref" because I think it gives a clear and motivating goal.