[TYPO3-doc] Structure of an official document

Philipp Gampe phil at philippgampe.info
Tue May 11 11:43:50 CEST 2010

Hallo Francois,

here is what came into my mind while reading (and thinking):

as said before
> Next steps
> What's new
> Feedback

dedications should be left out, because the docs are for the community.
For sure it would be nice to preserve Kaspers dedications somewhere, but I
don't think they should be keep forever in the official manual.
Maybe Credit could be the last point and include a list of authors (or
maybe just a wiki link which hold the information then).

Something I miss too is any information regarding translations. "Core
Manuals" should not be translated, but "Guides" and "Tutorials" might get
translated into other languages. I would like to have a statement (just in
translations) that the translation might not be up to date and only the
English version is supported and "peer-reviewed".

The front page is half empty - this is a general problem of all manuals -
maybe there could be something.

Table of contents should always start at the second page.

The "warning" and "tip" boxes should get better graphics, at least with
transparent background ;)

BTW, I miss specific styles/boxes for code. This should be formated always
the same ways.

Thats all for now :P

Philipp Gampe