[TYPO3-doc] TypoScript reference

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Mar 18 14:25:26 CET 2010

Hi,

Sorry for the short silence recently. I haven't lost interest in the
issue, but I had to attend to other. So thanks for keeping the topic
alive and moving forward.

>> the next step would be the definition of an xml file (do we need a dtd
>> or an schema?) which fits our needs.
>>
>> As a starting point we should use the t3editor-xml file. Right?
>
> IMO, best would be to have a sample file with just a few properties
> filled in and then rethink the structure... dtd can be created
> afterwards :)

I agree with that. DTD can wait until we're feel safe with the file's
structure.

I also agree that we should first prepare a sample file with only a few
properties, but the t3editor's XML file should be our starting point.

The goal here should be to try and find out all the special cases, so
that we have a solid base for future work. Among the elements which
could cause trouble (because of special structure or unusually nested
properties):

- in general, the difference between data types, functions and objects
- the difference between content objects, GIFBUILDER objects and menu
objects
- properties with a double data type, e.g. "string / stdWrap"
- properties with an unuasal data type, e.g. "wrap + splitChar"
- properties like "special" from HMENU which is itself split into
several sub-references depending on the value of "special".