[TYPO3-doc] TypoScript reference

Stephan Petzl spetzl at gmx.at
Fri Mar 12 15:46:33 CET 2010

Martin Holtz schrieb:

> How would that be handled?
>
> tsref/object/gifbuilder/
> tsref/object/text/
> tsref/object/gifbuilder.text/ ?
>
> perhaps i should have a deeper look at your xml-file...
>

> martin

yeah, thats kind of a problem and a hint that typoscript is far away
from being simple or well structured.
your example is a good proposal for solving the gifbuilder-text issue.
we (christian and i, while creating the xml-tsref) have introduced some
internal ids for types. for the TEXT type inside of the GIFBUILDER we
introduced the id GB_TEXT.

i think there has to be some kind of unique identifier. and i think we
should show it to the user. i'm sure that i'm not the only one who
needed almost a year, to figure out that there are actually 2 different
TEXT types and that their properties are NOT the same.

--
Best Regards
Stephan Petzl