[TYPO3-doc] A vision for the TYPO3 documentation - reviews

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Thu Mar 4 18:45:23 CET 2010

Am Thu, 04 Mar 2010 10:45:32 +0100 schrieb Daniel Bruessler:

> Hello Bernd,
>
> it's a good idea to add a review-feature. Question is where it is
> stored. When it's a part of the manual-metaTags everybody could set the
> status to reviewed. So it would need an extra table in the database - or
> an extension what does this for all extensions: - rating status by the
> extension "ratings" (by all users) - review status by the DocTeam
> - it could also have a boolean value: does it have changes in it's
> wiki-page or not (this could be updated by a cronjob) => should be on an
> extra webserver so that typo3.org doesn't get any performance-problems.

I don't know the exact data-formats used for the different uses.
I hop ethe documents were not generated on the fly out from the originals.

As far as I understand a document provided by 'any author' is given
as .sxw (or other format).
this file is analyzed and transfered into the CMS-database as xml or
(pre-)html either in complete or splitted in parts.
At this point (which I expect to be done only once per document) it
should be possible to insert further database-/xml-fields like review-
state which have a default-value like 'unreviewed'.
With each document-update an analyze/conversion will be done again and
these fields are filled with the default-values and so a new review is
neccessary.
Like extensions, where each update looses reviewed-state.

Modification in these records can only be done in BE, and that's only
accessible for officials (like authors from official documentation or
other official reviewers). And it might be also good to have a review for
the official documentations by someone else than the author.

> For all official manuals it's clear that they're reviewed. Only problem
> is when they're too old.

I hope to have a release-date or at least TYPO3-version it belongs to for
each document.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html