[TYPO3-doc] A vision for the TYPO3 documentation

Martin Holtz typo3ng_2009 at martinholtz.de
Thu Mar 4 13:38:19 CET 2010

Hi Daniel,

> I find it very good, that the tseditor does help with writing
> TypoScript. So it's not so important anymore to look up something in TSref.
I do not agree. Yep the tseditor helps, but IMHO not for learning. Like
an IDE which helps me to type the right php-commands. But it does not
help if i am new in php.

> For a long time you maintained the wiki-pages for it
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/De:TSref#stdWrap
In my eyes it is very important to have comments and f.e. ratings and
perhaps snippets integrated. That was the only reason, i started to use
the wiki for "my" TSref documentation.

> Now the question is how a link is possible what stays for the future.
If there is no need for the TSref in the wiki, we could redirect it to
the correct page. But that does not exists at the moment.

> The subversion-repository provides the whole document as text - because
> Francois exported the .sxw as manual.txt
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/entry/typo3v4-documentation/doc_core_tsref/branches/CoreDocs_4-2/doc/doc_core_tsref.txt

i cannot see, how it could help?

> So two things are possible:
> 1. provide an automated REST-service what gives a portion of the .sxw
> manual (should be on an extra webserver)
I do not see how we could integrate comments, ratings, snippets etc. to
it. Would it be possible?

> 2. translate the TSref manual from english to german and put it also
> into the subversion-repository
I dont think, that a translation is so important. IMHO it would be nice,
but its extra work.

I think it would be important to have an stable system. URLs that dont
change! The possibility to comment and some people who takes care.

But to be honest, i tried several times to change things - it was
allways without an result. So i learned not to try it again.

Gruss,
martin
--
Martin Holtz - elemente websolutions http://www.elemente-websolutions.ms