[TYPO3-doc] Access rights for the offical TYPO3 Wiki

Philipp Gampe typo3.list at philippgampe.info
Sun Aug 15 11:43:14 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 09:07:58 +0200, Martin Holtz wrote:

>> I would prefer, if we could change from swx to docbook, because we
>> could use svn more efficient then. I know that this step would need
>> much work
> swx is only a zip-container. Just unzip it and use svn.

Did you look inside those xml files … no way to really keep track of
changes. Unless OOo has some cleanup toll, this would be hard to
maintain, because it is not really "human" readable.

> What is the magic with "docbook" and where are the scripts which creates
> html, pdf, and more from it?

for example http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/DocBookPublishingTools

Starting from there, one could take the example and modify to our needs.
I guess you could even create wiki pages automatically...

Well, I did not look at the parser yet, but docbook xml is already
created for manuals, so the parsing seems to be there already.
Nevertheless, I remember somebody writing, that the parser is pretty
limited.

Best regards
Phil