[TYPO3-doc] Bug fixer's guide?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Aug 11 09:11:40 CEST 2010

Hi Lina,

> Manuals in swx format always tend to grow old quickly cause only one person
> can work on it. Maybe a detailed wiki page would be a good idea?

I understand your concern. This is changing now that we have a new
structure for the official documentation. It's true that a wiki page can
be more "alive", but OTOH it is less controlled. So if we want some page
to be a real reference, it means it has to be supervised regularly. In
the case of a Bug Fixer's Guide, we're talking about information that
would be referred to from typo3.org, giving it a sense of being
official, which is why I'm not really enthusiastic about a wiki page.