[TYPO3-doc] Structure of an official document

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Aug 5 22:27:52 CEST 2010

Hi,

> As we discussed recently, there are quite a few elements that must be
> placed in an official manual that would normally not appear in an
> extension's manual. It is important that we define what these elements
> are and where they should be placed.

One more topic up for a refresh.

Except for the small remarks by Philipp we seem to have reached a consensus.

I hoped to have some design-oriented feedback from Jens, but he seems to
be far too busy with the new typo3.org, which is understandable. So I
propose to go ahead with the current template. It may not be beautiful,
but it's not ugly either. Core manuals need to be updated for 4.4 and
they can't be delayed by minor design issues (currently they are delayed
due to my holidays and little availability thereafter).

I have asked Sebastian to create a new Forge sub-project for the
official template and I will soon move the document there along with the
related resources (e.g. icons from the Tango theme).