[TYPO3-doc] Defining official documentation

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Sun Apr 18 18:49:52 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 18.04.2010 17:51, Francois Suter wrote:
>> As there is normally an email address related to the author we should
>> think about getting an imap email account likedocumentation at typo3.org
>> that everyone involved is able to read.
>
> I hadn't thought about this. I wonder if it's really useful to have an
> email address at all. Up to now the Core manuals use info at typo3.org,
> which makes rather limited sense and I have no idea if questions
> regarding the documentation are really being sent to that address (at
> least no mail was ever forwarded to me).
>
> Personally I would drop the email address entirely.

I wouldn't. I still get mails from people who are using the address from
the manual to send feedback without having to report a bug. Mostly some
thoughts about what is missing, or small things like spelling errors and
the like. It's an easy way for users to send that kind of feedback and I
wouldn't take that possibility away as the only other way would then be
to use the bug tracker, which requires a typo3.org account and some
understanding of how mantis works.

Cheers,

Susanne