[TYPO3-doc] Official documentation categories defined

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Sun Apr 18 16:05:44 CEST 2010

Hey,

On 17.04.2010 22:33, Francois Suter wrote:

> ---
>
> Core Manual
>
> This document is a Core Manual. This means that it is related to the
> internal working of TYPO3 and aims to provide the reader with in-depth
> information about the topic it covers, in particular how it is
> implemented into the TYPO3 source code, what APIs are available,
> configuration options that might exist, etc.
>
> Core Manuals are not meant to be read in one go. The reader should rely
> on the table of content to identify what particular section should be of
> help depending on the task at hand.
>
> ---

I'm not sure about the "internal" in the second sentence. Sure, for the
API docs or inside TYPO3 this might be true, but I don't feel that the
TSref is about internal workings.

In the last part I'd change the "should be" to either "could be" or "is".

> Guide
>
> This document is a Guide. This means that it was designed to cover the
> whole breadth of a particular topic. It is hoped that the reader will
> feel confident and well-informed in the particular topic after having
> read a Guide from cover to cover. The Guides are practical manuals that
> a reader will probably want to refer to again and again when checking
> some topic. It is meant to offer advice on how best to achieve some
> given tasks.

Here I'd change the second sentence to:
The reader should feel confident and well-informed about the particular
topic after having read a Guide front to back.

And the last one to:
It is meant to offer advice on how to achieve given tasks in the best
possible way.

> Thanks in advance for your feedback

Is there a native speaker around who might reread the texts?

Best regards,

Susanne