[TYPO3-doc] TYPO3's book

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Sep 3 13:57:47 CEST 2009

Hi,

> another question. If I create a book with the manual and I want sell it,
> what I must do for TYPO3 association?
> Only communicate it or??

Well, I haven't read the license I pointed you to myself, I must admit,
but I would expect that it forbids reusing open content into a
commercial product. So I would say that if you copy some stuff straight
from the manuals, then you've probably got a problem and should contact
the Association first.

Aside from that, the manuals are the basic knowledge base for all in the
community, so of course they are a source of inspiration for book
writers too. They should just not be copied.