[TYPO3-doc] TSref 4.3 update, some consideration

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Oct 28 19:27:25 CET 2009

Hi Francois and all,

I was just looking through the "pending documentation" page in wiki [1]
and in 4.3 we have a lots of nice new stuff there! The task of including
that into a new version of TSref is enourmous, thanks Francois for
volunteering (again)! ;)

In my opinion the updated documentation should point out in which
version certain features were introduced. Meaning that we should mark
the "introduced in 4.3" properties.

Kind of like the PHP online documentation, that always has a special
section for each function called "ChangeLog" where newly introduced
flags, parameters were described.

That would make it possible to always refer to the "latest TSref" and
use it also to work on a 4.2 or 4.1 site. This can also be useful when
doing something in 4.1 and then figuring out "ah, this would be possible
in 4.3, so let's upgrade first".

What do you think?

Cheers,
Ernesto